Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring and New Book

Spring arrived a few days early.  Yesterday, the first two calves for this year were born. Here's one of them and her mother:
We raise Shorthorn beef cattle. The best part is that both calves came on their own and my husband (or I) didn't have to "assist."

Today, I was looking at some photos of a friend of mine on Facebook. It made me think up a new picture book story! I spent the day working on the first rough draft.  This picture of my daughter (taken when she was almost three) has a part in the story:
I think I got the editing and formating revisions done for a Mennonite woman's memoir that I have worked on for about one year now. I tried to print it out but there was some "operator error" involved.  I will try again tomorrow. I need to make sure that the document will print if I put it on a disk for her. She'll find a printer who will make it into the actual book.

I've started on the book of Psalms.  Here's one of today's verses from Psalm 19:14
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."

No comments: