Thursday, September 19, 2013

After a year-and-one-half, I decided it was time to start blogging again.  Much has happened in that time, but I'll probably start with the most recent events and go backwards as I see fit.

When I was between 8-10, my mother (who was an excellent seamstress - but who didn't have the patience to teach) had my sister and I get sewing lessons.  Over the years, I've made clothes for myself and many craft projects.  I decided it was time to start my 8 y.o. on a sewing project.  Yesterday, we made a pair of "lounge pants." They were too big, but they are comfy for her... and it was a good beginning project.

Lots of hidden schooling was part of the lesson... reading (directions), math (measurements), listening (to instructions), patience, and satisfaction (in a job well done)!









This morning, before school started, we made a skirt...

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

No comments: