Monday, June 15, 2009

Busy as usual

Many days have gone by since I've posted. We have been extremely busy on the farm. Unfortunately, we are not done planting the crops. There's been just enough rain to keep us out of the fields to finish. Even our garden is only half planted.

Most of the cows have calved - but the heifers haven't. Heifers are cows that are having their first calf. Only 5 our of 18 or so have calved and we've lost several of those babies. (They've been too big for the heifers.)

There are so many projects to work on - we are slowly getting some done. It's hard to plan on a farm. Most things are dependant on the weather - and in our case - the cows. We've been busy from 6:30am until after midnight and just falling into bed.

My husband and daughter both had birthdays last week. 3 y.o. is now 4 y.o.

I still have more of a scrapbook to finish for my husband's niece. It was supposed to have been done a month ago, but that didn't happen. Now, I want to have it finished by the end of the month.

I've done a few little writing things for my work-in-progress. Mostly information I can get via email. Haven't actually worked on the manuscript since May. I also have an article that's supposed to be finished this week for the class I'm taking. I'm going to have to ask for an extension on it.

Matthew 11:28-30 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

1 comment:

fredsyankeegal said...

I see you are staying busy!!!