Thursday, October 29, 2009

Rain

While rain is good to be able to get work done on my WIP, it's not good when we're trying to harvest. We've only gotten three days of harvesting done.

I had a birthday last week. My kids sang happy birthday. 4 y.o. wanted to "help" me open my presents - don't think I'm that feeble that I can't open my own presents!

I attended the SCBWI-IA Fall conference this past weekend. Had a great time. I didn't have anything critiqued this time so there's wasn't that type of pressure.

I finished the second version of the first draft of the children's biography. A friend did some research for me in Washington DC at the Library of Congress. Got a couple of good pieces of information. Now, I'm waiting for my mentor to get back to me on the first draft. Today I will work on the next lesson for ICL (Institute of Children's Literature).

More wildlife outside my window this morning. Four tom turkeys. One of them had a pretty long beard.

Four year old practiced writing her letters this morning and now wants to work on a computer-based learning program.

Bookshelf: (What I've been reading) Lighthouses for Kids by Katherine House great book on Lighthouses with activities for kids to do; Stanza by Jill Esbaum 4 y.o. loves this book - great rhyming story; The Adventurous Life of Myles Standish by Cheryl Harness fun way to tell an old story with perhaps some new information; and other National Geographic Books for Kids

1 Peter 4:10 Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.

No comments: