Saturday, October 17, 2009

Wildlife, Biography for Children, & Harvest






I don't understand Blogger. I have the blog entry formatted the way I want it but when I publish it, Blogger removes my paragraphs and it's all squished together. Then, the next time, there will be too many spaces between paragraphs. Anyone have any advice?

(Second photo) Days before the buzzards (vultures) migrated, they would warm up each morning by spreading their wings while perching on the hay barn or the fence posts. In this picture taken October 4th, there are 8 buzzards in the foreground and 5 turkeys in the background. I think there were a total of 13 buzzards that day, but I couldn't fit them all in one photo.

(First photo) For the past week, there have been 5 does eating (acorns probably) under a tree across the road. One day, three of them crossed over to our side of the road. One brave doe came right up to the basement walk-out. This photo is from this morning. As I write this blog entry, two does just came to eat more acorns.

A couple of weeks ago, I saw a raccoon cross the road. The next thing I know, it was swimming in the pond by our house! I didn't know raccoons liked to swim. The digital camera wasn't in the house so I used my 35mm camera. The film is so old, I'm hoping the pictures come out well when I get it developed.

I've been working diligently on the biography for children. The first draft is close to completion. I keep finding more interesting facts to include and I'm not sure if I can use them all. A friend of mine went to the Library of Congress and researched newspaper articles for me. He found one article from 1919 that I can use and he will be going back to research some more. Yea!

It's been so wet this year - and when it isn't raining, there hasn't been much sun. Hopefully, we can start today.

Proverbs 17:1 Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting, with strife.
Proverbs 17:22 A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

No comments: