Thursday, January 28, 2010

Writing

For a blog that I was going to update at least once a week, I'm not doing a very good job. Perhaps I will do better this year!

I've been conducting more research for the photobiography I'm working on. I hope to make a trip to Chicago in February to complete the final research. Of course, that will depend on the weather - of which we've had a lot of rain, sleet, snow (only about an inch on the ground) - but mostly VERY cold temperatures. The wind chill today is -13 degrees Fahrenheit. My 18 y.o. has had nine days off from school because of the weather and flu. They will be going to school until almost June.

I've read some good books for writer's lately. One is: The Giblin Guide to Writing Children's Books by James Cross Giblin. I gleaned a lot of good information from it. The other is: Nonfiction Book Proposals Anybody Can Write by Elizabeth Lyon. It was a step-by-step guide to writing a proposal.

I'm traveling to Massachusetts next week for a memorial service. My aunt lost her battle with cancer. A fine lady who will be missed.

Ecclesiastes 3: 1-2, 4 "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, ... a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat,

It sounds like you've been pretty busy. Me, too. Hope you get some much needed writing time. Take care,

Peg Finley/peg366
http://peg366.wordpress.com

Patricia A Miller said...

Thanks for stopping by, Peg!