Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentine's Day


Today is my mom's birthday. My 4 y.o. and I made her a "heart" cheesecake. (We added some food coloring to some of the batter.) Since one of her son's birthday is Valentine's day (and the other's birthday is Feb 8) we decorated with hearts.
On New Year's Day, two bald eagles visited our farm. Last week, when one of my sisters was visiting, we drove to Keokuk, IA. We saw several HUNDRED eagles. They just flew past in wave after wave. Quite awesome!
About a week ago we had 15 turkeys travel past. A day before I took these photos, there were four tom turkeys. Two had quite long "beards".
These three were scrounging around the pond bank for seeds or something.
Deuteronomy 5:16 "Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the LORD your God is giving you."

No comments: