Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Project Life

















I bought the Project Life 2011 kit this year. I want to take pictures, journal, and include tidbits from our everyday lives. Part of the reason is because, other than a few vague memories, I don't remember anything of my biological parents (my mother died when I was 3 1/2 and I got adopted just before I was 5.) Another reason, is to journal what I've learned each day from my Bible reading (although that's another New Year's Resolution that isn't happening daily like I planned it to). Another reason is because I want to remember those special moments/blessings that happen on a daily basis. The last reason, that I can think of right now, is because there aren't any personal recollections from the person I finished writing a biography about, and I want my children and grandchildren to have those from me.

On the writing front, I finished the biography (again) and submitted it to the agent I met at a conference. He called me to let me know he wouldn't be representing me, but gave me some direction on how to work on the manuscript. He gave me the names of several editors to submit to once I'd finished revising it (again). In the end, he did leave the door open for me to resubmit to him. I made changes/additions and just sent it this week to a professional editor so she can do line edits.

The writing cabin sits - empty - by the ice and snow covered pond. The weather has precluded finishing it, for now. The outside is done but not the inside. My bonus son and his fiancée made a sign to put over the door: Pilcrow Place. One of my sisters named it. Look it up - I had to! :o) They also made a plaque to hang inside that quotes 1 Corinthians 10:31 "Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."

I ended last year and started this year off with a sinus infection and bronchitis. While the bronchitis is gone, I'm still having trouble with my sinuses and swollen glands. Wah. Those things are a large part of the reason I've broken my New Year's Resolutions. I was going to begin each day with my Bible reading, then write for about 2 hours, then homeschooling for my 5 y.o., then do household/family stuff the rest of the day. Thankfully, each day is a new gift so I can strive to get into the routine I hope will work for the rest of the year!

Happy New Year everyone,
God bless you indeed.

No comments: