Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Home

Saturday morning, our niece's husband, Nathan Bryan Dunn, passed away from complications of cancer treatment. He would have been 26 years old yesterday.

Viewing the many tributes and comments about this young man is heart-touching. Everyone knew him for his smile, his kindness, his love for his wife, his passion for Christ - among many other things. What a blessing to have known him.



I prayed so hard for his recovery and don't understand why the Lord took him, other than the fact that none of us wanted Nathan to continue with the pain he was in. I saw him the day before he passed away. He was hooked up to a myriad of tubes and machines. His body looked nothing like the Nathan we knew. He has a new body now - and he is without pain or tears. He is surrounded by the love of God - in the presence of the Savior.

Jim Reeves sang a song that says in part, "This world is not my home, I'm just a-passing through..." It's how every Christian should feel. We won't be "at home" until we are in heaven. But the dilemma is that we leave our loved ones behind. Will they be okay without us? Will they remember how much we loved them?

I saw a link today for a Michael Buble song called "Home" (To hear it, click on the word, "home") While it made me cry, it also renewed the feeling that, "this world is not my home." How has your life affected those around you? Have you been a peacemaker? Are you a joy to be around? Would I want to be my own friend?

Rest in peace, Nathan. Heaven is richer for your presence and earth, duller without your smile.

Revelation 21:4 "‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

No comments: