Thursday, February 24, 2011

New Picture Book

Last week ended on an up-note writing-wise.  I had researched the information for an historical fiction picture book off and on for four months. Last week, I wrote the manuscript and then, thanks to my critique partner, did some heavy editing. It's exciting having a new project to submit for the April writer's conference.  I do wish the biography I've been working on for over two years would sell!

There's an old saying, "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride."  It will take more work on my part to finish the edits I need to do. Wishes won't get it done.

On another note: I helped my husband put up some of the inside pine siding in my writer's cabin.  We had to stop before finishing the ceiling because of fading daylight (the electrical isn't hooked up yet) and because of snow. Now, we will have to wait for this snow (4-6 inches predicted)  to melt and the ground to dry out again. Reason:  to hook up to the electricity and so the cabin isn't full of sawdust, my husband sets up the saw outside. We have to keep going in and out of the cabin to cut the boards. I don't want a bunch of mud in there.  After the ceiling will come the trim, then the flooring, the desktops/drawers, and the bookcases.. I'm hoping it can be finished before planting season. A woman can dream, can't she?!

Totally off-topic... is there ever just one topic in my blog? ... many people frequently say they have one word that describes their year. I've never thought about that for myself.  But this year, if I were to choose one word for myself, I would hope it would be "grounded."  I want to be grounded and purposeful in everything I do and say. It's easy to "go with the crowd" it's harder/challenging to be deliberate and focused on what your life goals are.

Hebrews 12:1-2  "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith."

No comments: