Sunday, June 1, 2014

Another Writer's Game

My other critique partner had a birthday recently. So, I decided to make her the figurines for her own game - Wendyopoly.  My daughter helped with the figurines. I didn't have time to make them all (two to go, plus one I need to remake.... see below for the headless farmer!) And, I still need to make the game board. Any suggestions for rules to a game for a writer?

Here are all of them together.  I think the tallest is about 2". They are made out of polymer clay. A few have some chalks for coloring...


 A bat (my daughter says it looks like a piece of candy.)
 My rendition of a fat English bulldog.


 Cookies, yum!


 Not as obvious... banana bread,


 This one is supposed to be a tiger.


 A dandelion with a ladybug... I made the dandelion by rolling out a thin strip of yellow clay, then cutting almost all the way down in 1/8" (1/16th?) sections. Then, I rolled it up and fanned them out.

A type of mandarin orange tree

This is a border collie. I had a lot of trouble with it. At first, it looked like a calf! Not totally happy with it, but I think you can tell it's a dog now?!


A topiary tree


Ok, here's the headless farmer. What happened? The first time I baked it, the head fell off and the body fell forward, bending the feet. But the head still looked really good. So, I made another body, put the head on (secured with a toothpick this time) and baked it. Unfortunately, the extra baking time cracked his face! Now, I have to make the whole thing over again.

 This one didn't have anything to do with Wendy's books, but my daughter just wanted to make a figurine for Wendy for her birthday :-)



Colossians 3:23 "And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men..."

No comments: