Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Best of the Best

I made a trip to Kansas City Sunday to pick up my 18 y.o. The ground was warm enough to make the snow very slippery. A 6-7 hour round trip drive took over 8 hours. Several cars that passed me were in ditches further up the road.

Meanwhile, the farm is under a blanket of 4-5" of snow. I can see animal tracks across one of our ponds and along the tree line. With a bright blue sky and the white snow - the scene is very striking.

A writer-friend of mine is on the Chicago Library Best of the Best list for two of her children's books. Her name is Jill Esbaum and her books are published by National Geographic Books for Kids. They are Picture the Seasons: Apples for Everyone and Picture the Seasons: Seed, Sprout, Pumpkin, Pie. Way to go, Jill! Here's the link to the list: http://www.chipublib.org/forkids/kidsbooklists/bestofbest_list.php





Jill has some great rhyming picture books too. My daughter's current favorite is: Stanza.
I'm hoping to pitch the photobiography I'm writing to National Geographic Books. I'll be in good company - they have some very nice nonfiction books - and of course, great photos to go along with them. I need to go to Chicago soon to finish my research. I'm looking forward to seeing where the subject of my book lived and worked.

Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

No comments: