Saturday, February 28, 2009

Writing scholarship

I applied for two different writing scholarships. I found out last week that I was chosen for one of them so far. It is in Estes Park, CO in May. I am really excited to have gotten it.

I submitted a non-fiction article to a children's magazine. Now, I am working on the research to make the same subject into a picture book/biography. I was blessed to be sent a self-published book by the great-nephew of the man I'm writing about. Once I read the book, I researched a different way and found out even more information. I pretty much have an rough outline of what I want to write and I hope to get it done in the next week or so. I am submitting it for a possible year-long mentorship program for a non-fiction children's book. I admire the woman who will be the "mentor". She has done a lot of non-fiction work and is great with research.

Proverbs 16:3-9 Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. The LORD works out everything for his own ends— even the wicked for a day of disaster. The LORD detests all the proud of heart. Be sure of this: They will not go unpunished. Through love and faithfulness sin is atoned for; through the fear of the LORD a man avoids evil. When a man's ways are pleasing to the LORD, he makes even his enemies live at peace with him. Better a little with righteousness than much gain with injustice. In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.

No comments: