Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Hay Ride

We had a houseful this past weekend for a family get together/hay ride. We made homemade pizza one day (I have a recipe I made from combining two other recipes plus an addition of my own.) The left over pizza was actually better the next day because I didn't have time to pre-cook the dough before adding the toppings. The night of the hayride, we broiled hamburgers and hot dogs. It was too cold to stand out at the grill! I think everyone had a good time - and it's always nice having family visit.

Three things I'm thankful for (since this is the month for Thanksgiving):
1) My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
2) My family and friends
3) The "gifts" I've been given from God

The NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writer's Month) is already a "bust" for me. I have been out in the fields a good deal of the time. When I am in the house, I'm either helping 16 y.o. with his schooling or cooking a meal for those in the fields. After lunch, the kids and I are going to Pilot Grove, Iowa to get a belt for the combine. It's about a 2 hour round trip. Right now, the kids are helping Daddy put out hay bales for the cows.

I woke up to one of my favorite sounds - rain on the window. Unfortunately, rain is not a good thing when the harvest is not complete. If the rain stops, they could still harvest corn today.

I worked on two different magazine articles last night. I did some research on one - contacted a historical museum in Illinois. The contact person emailed me back and said he would email some information on Sunday. This article I want to send to Highlights for Children magazine.

The other article, I'm still mulling over in my head. I don't have an "inner conflict" for the main character - so I have to figure that out. I'd like to get that article done today. This article would be for Brio magazine.

Reading Proverbs 31 makes me look like a slacker (I probably don't do the best with time-management) but here's one of the final verses in that chapter:

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. Proverbs 31:30

No comments: