Thursday, November 6, 2008

Transitions

Transitions in writing get you smoothly from one paragraph to the next (hopefully). Transitions in life get you from one stage to the next. 16 y.o. will be 17 in a few months. He has definitely gone through a new stage this year. Trying to be more independent. Not wanting to listen to the adults in his life. Pushing against the status quo.; yet, he still relies on us for support and comfort. I'm trying to give him the tools he will need to be as independent as possible. He's also had a lot of bodily changes - he's 5' 9 3/4". Just in the last month, he's grown another inch and grown out of the jeans I just bought!

Unfortunately, the new medicine from Canada that he started on this year is not working. It seemed to do really well for a while. I'm not sure if he just got used to it or what. Disappointing to say the least. He will never be able to drive until he is seizure-free for one year.

On a totally different subject - we harvested quite a few soybeans yesterday for the guy my husband farms with. We did three fields in two days. The first field was really bad. The next two were better. I spent most of the past few days in the field - either on the combine with husband, in the pickup truck hauling the bean cutting head, or driving a tractor and auger wagon down the road. I'm not very good with the tractor, especially on the very bad dirt road. I felt like I was on a bull-riding machine. Luckily, I got the nice tractor -but it is still challenging to drive while hauling an auger wagon. Husband hopes to harvest more tomorrow. My mother-in-law will be here to babysit the 3 y.o. I have to take 16 y.o. to St. Louis for his quarterly neurology appt. Hoping to do something fun while in St. Louis too. We will have a houseful of husband's relatives this weekend and some friends for a hay ride. Hopefully, I will get some pictures taken.

Not happy with a good many of the election results. On a state level, there was good news and bad. I am trying to keep everything in perspective and remember that the Lord knows what's going on - although, He did give us that "free will" that gets us in trouble many times! I thought of this verse this morning:

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

No comments: