Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A week

Yikes, it's been a week since I have posted a blog. When I started this blog, I wanted to update it at least three times a week. Perhaps that was too ambitious during harvest time.

Yes, we are still in the middle of harvest. The weather has not cooperated. We've been getting enough rain that it's too muddy to be in the fields with the combine. Monday and Tuesday of this week they were able to finally get out there. A field that they were going to do today (Wednesday) is too muddy, so we will have to try a different one.

Life has been pressing down on me in several areas lately. I need to find a quiet place and rejuvenate my soul. I reallllly want to be finishing two magazine articles. I possibly got a good lead for some information on one of them. It's a non-fiction article about something that happened during WWI. Hopefully, I will get an email about it today.

The other article is a fiction story for teen girls. I have most of the story done, but it's not all there yet. It's annoying that I can't seem to finalize it. Will continue to give it thought. It's also the story I am doing for my writer's course and I think I am past-due (again). Thankfully, this is a self-paced course and extensions are allowed.

My mom seems to be doing better after having been in the ER last week for a mini-stroke. She didn't remember my name at one point in the ER. That's weird for lack of a better term.

I've been thinking a lot lately about the areas of good counsel. Here's a verse that was the verse for the day at biblegateway.com

Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. Psalm 1:1-2

No comments: