Monday, December 8, 2008

Accomplishments

I accomplished several things today over and above the norm.

I finished my Mom's Christmas cards and they are in the mail. I haven't started ours yet... there was a problem getting the photo cards made. Hopefully, I will be able to pick them up on Saturday. I'm hoping to have my Christmas shopping done that day too. Only a few presents left to get... whooohoooo! Then I can concentrate on the Reason for the Season.

I also updated my mother's and my bank accounts on Quicken. One account left to get updated. Maybe tomorrow. I also got some filing done.

On the writing front, I researched places to send the teen girl fiction story that I almost have finished. I wanted to send it to Brio, but I just found out that the February 2009 issue will be the last one unless someone buys the magazine. It's a good magazine and I hope it gets to continue. It's the same for Breakaway magazine. I found two possible magazines to submit to. My instructor wanted me to find three. Will have to look some more tomorrow.

I have two verses concerning the word "Work"
The first is from 2 Thessalonians 3:10 "If a man will not work, he shall not eat." (I quote this one to 16 y.o. quite often!)

The second is from Colossians 3:23-24 "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."

2 comments:

fredsyankeegal said...

hey I found you! i was so glad to see you today ! hope you have a very Merry Christmas and don't work to hard!

Patricia A Miller said...

Hey, it was great to see you again, too. My work starts after everyone gets to bed! That's when I "pick up" the house and do some writing before I go to bed.