Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Weather

We have had a range of weather conditions since my last post. Rain, freezing rain, sleet, and snow. We even had thunder the other night. Today, the prediction is for 4-6 more inches of snow.

3 y.o. went out with husband and 16 y.o. to feed the bulls and calves this morning. She came back with very rose cheeks and nose! They had hot cocoa when they came in.

Last night, I typed out family recipes for some Christmas gifts. I'm trying to get husband to show 16 y.o. how to make a couple simple recipe boxes. Not sure if that will get done before Christmas - it's COLD out in the shop!

I think we got all our Christmas shopping done this past Saturday. Now, I need to wrap them. I have a Christmas party to go to at the nursing home for my Mom tomorrow - weather permitting! Friday, I will drive 16 y.o. to Kansas City and then I will pick him up on Sunday. I am also the hostess for a Christmas dinner at church on Sunday - so I had to get some helpers for the clean up (I will have to leave right after the food is served - it is buffet style).

I got my writing assignment done at midnight on the deadline day. I need to start on the next assignment so I don't have to ask for an extension again.

We made homemade noodles last night. I made the dough and husband rolled them out and cut them when they were dry. It's his family recipe and he makes them frequently.

Today, between helping with homeschooling, I need to get my Christmas card envelopes addressed and get them in the mail!

"And Mary said: 'My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for the Mighty One has done great things for me— holy is his name'." - Luke 1:46-47, 49

2 comments:

fredsyankeegal said...

we sure did get some snow today!
Glad you got your writing assignment done!

Patricia A Miller said...

Yes, we got about 4 inches. I'm supposed to go to Kansas City tomorrow and Sunday -- praying the freezing rain misses us or is taken care of before I get on the road tomorrow!