Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ice storms

Well, we are scheduled to get up to an inch of freezing rain tonight. I'm supposed to take 16 y.o. to Kansas City tomorrow - where he will continue on with his father to Arkansas. Then, I go back on Sunday to pick him up. I'm also supposed to pick up a local girl who is attending the Job Corps near Kansas City and bring her back to Memphis for the Christmas break.

Husband says he doesn't think I will be going anywhere tomorrow. I hope he's wrong this time.

Several of my family members were without power for 5 days last week with the bad weather in New England. The first year I moved to NE MO, we had no power for 3-4 days. It was miserable. Parts of New England are not supposed to get power back until after Christmas. They definitely need prayer!

Husband and I got our (short) Christmas letter written, printed, addressed, and brought them to the post office -- all BEFORE Christmas! Of course, that's always the goal, but it's not always what happens. Smile.

Praying that you stay warm and that you have food to eat.

Proverbs 30:7-9
"Two things I ask of you, O LORD; do not refuse me before I die: Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread.
Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, 'Who is the LORD ?' Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God.

No comments: