Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Beef, school and writing

Husband and I loaded up three grass-fed beef in a trailer this morning and then the four of us took them to the meat locker to be butchered. I took a picture, but haven't loaded it on the computer yet. Tomorrow I will update this post and add the picture.

Other than that, I just did housework, worked with Mitch on his schoolwork, took a nap with 3 y.o. (I'm going to miss when she doesn't take a nap anymore - it's a lovely tradition that I indulge in several days a week.), then we all watched "The Biggest Loser". Husband and I worked on the Sunday school lesson (he's the teacher) after the kids went to bed. I folded laundry after that and finally sat down to my young adult novel at 10pm. It was 12:30am before I finished for now.
One day, I love what I've written so far and the next day, I question whether anyone will want to read it. I've sent the next 8 pages to my critique group. They've already seen the first 10 pages and made some great revision suggestions.

Only three days to go before I go to the Iowa Novel Retreat. I hope to get some great info on plotting - and I'm getting the first 10 pages of my novel critiqued by a published author. The other two women in our critique group will also be at the retreat, so it will be nice to get together in person for the first time.

John 1:1-5
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.
Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have fun in Iowa. Do you plan on bringing back some corn bread.

Patricia A Miller said...

Paul, I don't get it. Are they famous for cornbread? I'm not a big fan of cornbread - but then, I'm originally from New England.