Friday, October 17, 2008

Good day

Today ended up a good day - even though a certain person (me) was a little moody, but I won't go into that!

3 y.o. and I went outside and drew pictures with sidewalk chalk, blew bubbles, played with the barn cats (although, why I call them barn cats when I seldom see them in the barn, I don't know.), and enjoyed the great weather.

16 y.o. got his homeschooling done faster than usual - with good grades. Red-letter day.

Husband couldn't be in the fields today harvesting, so he did business in town after he helped me with some laundry - big kudos to him. Later in the afternoon, I went to an organic dairy and got milk. 3 y.o. insisted that her Daddy needed to take her fishing. I came home and snapped a picture right before they finished. The only catch today was some pond weeds. Several fish got away. We have some really big bass in the pond as well as some crappie (to those of you who are not from the Midwest or the South, it's pronounced croppie - I've mispronounced it before to much laughter.) :o)
After the kids got to bed, I did some research for my young adult novel. Got some great information; had some inspiration for a direction to go in for the ending of the book and thought up a great line or two for the beginning of the book. (I guess they will be "great" lines if they end up in the final draft!) All in all, a very productive, satisfying day.

Chinese Proverb: Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
In John 21:24-25, John says, "This is the disciple who testifies to these things and who wrote them down. We know that his testimony is true. Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written." This was after Jesus had performed the miracle of filling the fishing nets with fish and then "reinstating" Peter. Verse 14 of the same chapter says: "This was now the third time Jesus appeared to his disciples after he was raised from the dead."

2 comments:

barri1 said...

Sure sounds like life on the farm is a lot of fun.. Pictures of the husband, kids, and bull show it all.. It's so nice that the husband makes time during the day to play.. I'm sure he's very hard working at other times.. Husband sounds like a great guy.. Hope your son follows his lead..
Hope you find time for yourself.. It's called "me time" it's not a selfish thing to do it..

Patricia A Miller said...

Hmmm, is this the Barri I know?

Thank you for your comment. "Me time" is usually after everyone is in bed. I miss my family when I go away - hopefully, these conferences will improve my writing!

And yes, husband is a great guy and very hard working. Son, well he's a great kid, but hard working? I'm trying to instill those qualities in him!