Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Genesis

This is my first blog and I look forward to this new medium to write and connect with family and friends.

I was able to get half of my writing assignment completed today. My 3-year old spent the morning with Daddy working on the combine while I helped 16 year old with his homeschooling. It's hard sometimes to know if he's not learning because he's 16 and doesn't want to learn or if it's because of the many seizures he has each day. The three anti-seizure meds and several other meds don't help the mix. Some days he seems to be doing well and advancing while other days he can't remember some basic information.

The last visit to the neurologist wasn't very promising. She said that even if the meds do stop his seizures, 16 y.o. probably wouldn't catch up to where he should be. I know that the Lord has worked in 16 y.0.'s life constantly and I pray that He will continue to work miracles and that 16 y.o. will be used by God for His purposes.

I am concerned for my children's future when I see that many people of this country think it's crazy to have strong moral values. Although I know the Lord is in control, He does allow all people to make their own choices - be they good or bad. I pray I make good choices in my life and I'm thankful for forgiveness when I've made poor choices.

Now, I better get to the second half of my assignment because it is due. I also wanted to clean up a chapter I'm submitting to my online critique group of my young adult novel work-in-progress. I think our small group works well together and we strengthen each other's writing. I know I have been blessed by their insight in the short time we've been working together.

Hopefully tomorrow, I can contact some local people for research for my novel.

Ephesians 3:20-21 "Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen."

No comments: