Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Visitor

Today, I remembered these pictures were on my digital camera. They were taken on August 28, 2008 when I was helping 16 y.o. with his homeschooling. The computer is next to a large office window that overlooks the north pasture and two ponds. I glanced out the window and saw this crossing the lawn. It was a large snapping turtle Just it's shell alone was about one foot long! The kids enjoyed seeing it - and we stayed well back.
Here it is keeping an eye on us.
The last several days we have seen a Great Blue Heron on the pond bank about 100 feet from the office window. It was fishing for frogs. I love being able to look out the window and see the awesomeness of God.
Psalm 24:1-2 "The earth is the LORD's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it;
for he founded it upon the seas and established it upon the waters."

No comments: