Monday, October 13, 2008

Wheaties

I should have eaten Wheaties this morning.

I went to a town 14 miles away THREE times today. Twice to get wheat seed and the last time to return the four bags we didn't use. I lifted about 70 of the bags from the back of the pickup to the drill (seed planter that is hooked to the tractor). Each bag weighed 50 pounds. Mitch lifted the other 10 bags.I got home from the last trip a little after 5pm. Then, I had to haul two bales of hay to the steer we are sending off tomorrow to be butchered. I'll try to take some pictures in the morning of that process. The hay was fresh and it was heavy! I wrote a little bit in between trips and worked with Mitch on his schoolwork.

I feel like it is midnight instead of 6:53pm. :o) On a good note, super unleaded gas cost $2.73. Hope it keeps going down.

Kids are watching a Christian video. I am going to do some research for my novel. It (the novel) seems to be drifting, so I am going to study a young adult novel I read recently to see how she handled each chapter. I love it when my writing and my love of reading merge. All the (published) writers say that you have to read a LOT of books to be a good writer. I like that.

Oh, here's a picture of 3 y.o. taken July 21st. Instead of a spelling bee... she's having a reading bee. I heard my mother loved to read. Wish I remembered her or had pictures with her and I together.

And here's the little "hayseed" back in May when "Auntie A" was taking pictures. There's a funny story about the two of them having a pic-a-nic all day. Those of you who know "Auntie A" ask her about it! :o)

Today's verse: “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: